Orange eye

It is the sign of being a hypochondriac that my NHS doctor actually knows who I am, and is very friendly to me. There was a taciturn trainee mountebank in the room, so my doc went to great lengths to make sure everything was pukka. In passing I mentioned that my eye was sore and I got the full orange eye dye treatment and examination for corneal scratches etc. while I told them about the glaucoma pages I've been writing lately.

Then to the pharmacy with a baleful orange eye. There a senior gentleman was explaining that vegetarians tend to look pasty, and it makes them more susceptible to flu. Back to work on a few pages of the hogsite: a smorgasbord of ailments today from arthritis to ulcerative colitis. Turned on the radio: a programme about ailments in the 17th century. Some days are themed whether you like it or not.

After finishing for the day at 4, I called the Cat with the Hat, who I've not chatted to for some time. He was very cheerful about Obama and inviting me down to his house to eat ducks. Also called The Gnome who is now in consultation after being let go from the agency. Really felt for him, but I think it will be a really good to have a new start, and to bring out his resourcefulness. We'll meet up soon.

Thinking about Alice Russell and wondered what it would be like to write a song for her. I haven't really written a complete song before but one just popped out fully formed. Lorraine said the chords sounded like Radiohead, which wasn't what I was going for. Fun.

Lorraine around this evening and we snuck out to a busy last-pay-day-before-Christmas Battle of Trafalgar for a cheeky beer, or as Lorraine put it, to wash the week away. Then went home to eat pizzas. I added a large sliced chili to mine and proceeded to have lively hiccups for some time.

And so to bed.

Comments