Pop on a schoolnight

Into the agency, worked. Went for a swim at lunch, which was excellent. And then hurried home as soon as decently possible. For tonight was a poptastic night.

For a complicated reason Sarah Freems put me on the guest list to see a band called Huski at a venue called the Barfly in Brighton. Took Lorraine with me as she likes all that music stuff. Cool to get in wearing my hoody and have my hand stamped and so on.

Huski were fun. A little bit like later Goldfrapp, with a good lady singer, and an interesting soundscape behind her. I also particularly enjoyed the bored looking lady bass player. I am attracted to people who look bored. After, I spoke to the alpha male Huski to mention that Sarah and Fras had put my name by the door, but he hadn't heard of Sarah and Fras at all.

After Huski were three ladies with bad hair called Robots in Disguise who were a bundle of shouty fun and attitude. After about seven or eight shouty songs Lorraine and I decided to repair to the Basketmakers, where we fell into conversation with a waspish but funny hairdresser who'd been to the same gig. And asked why two people in their 40s were at a pop concert. He was in his 40s as well, which didn't stop it from being cheeky. We explained that we liked music. Now there's a thought.

A nice pub, The Basketmakers Arms. There are tins of all kinds attached to the walls, and sometimes people leave messages and bits of paper, and in this case a conundrum about oblongs and lines which gave me a nosebleed.

Then home, for it was a school night. Especially for Lorraine. For she is a school teacher.

Comments