A sunshine day

Off this morning to finally get myself a new portfolio, after my last one disappeared when I was burgled last year. Then a spot of tidying up and generally feeling excellently cheerful.

In the afternoon I popped up the hill to see Anna, who is mainly sitting on the sofa recovering from her double knee operations, and give her some chocs and flowers. Anna's brother Mark was over from Dublin, and he has a definite Irish lilt to his voice these days. Anton complaining that he didn't get chocolates and flowers as he had had man flu all week, had a difficult work time of it and had to look after children and a recovering wife etc.

By a brilliant stroke of timing Anna is just about to embark on her coaching course - and I am going to be one of her guinea pigs. While I was enjoying a cup of tea there I heard from the French Bloke who has been on holiday. He gave the phone to his toddler Tahlia who called me Mr Kenny on the phone very cutely.

Then home again as Lorraine was coming around. Had an excellent night out. We first met Anton and Mark in The Eddy to watch the rugby World Cup Final. An excellent game, though sadly England lost but the chaps played very well and were I thought extremely unlucky to lose. Quite fun to stand in the Eddy which was absolutely packed with people roaring their support. Most there seemed to take England's defeat fairly philosophically as nobody had imagined they could get to the final at the beginning of the competition.

Then Lorraine and I zoomed off in a taxi to Joogleberry in Kemptown where we saw someone called Gregg Kofi Brown. It turns out that Brown plays with the immortal Osibisa - who are (naturally) still going - and will soon release a new album. His band played some really enjoyable music, and Lorraine and I had a great time drinking gin and tonic and listening to them. Then they played the deathless Sunshine Day, one of my all time top tunes. I had a chat with Gregg afterwards, who not only being an excellent musician is a very courteous and pleasant man - I mentioned that Toby had gone to school with Courtney Pine, who had close connections with Osibisa.

Then a late taxi home, as it was pretty nippy.

Comments