Fog and chocolate cake

The train nosing through a tunnel of dense fog. As usual this reminded me of Bleak House by Charles Dickens, especially as the train slid over the bridge into Victoria station. I did some good work on my poems on the train.

Meanwhile, at Victoria, I went to the ticket office to renew my oyster card and pay the man back for the free ride he gave me yesterday. He was surprised, but he declined payment, and said it came from the heart and said that sometimes this sort of thing makes the world a better place. This philosophy, delivered in a sunny West Indian accent, entirely renewed my faith in humanity. And I found his small and random act of kindness to me genuinely moving.

Had another swim at lunchtime, which I enjoyed and was much less frenzied than yesterday which was barging and elbowy and too full.

Meanwhile the great resignation saga goes on. The agency may has well have been lost in the fog as no new deal was forthcoming. I ended the day sending written confirmation of my resignation to focus everyone's minds. This was shortly after I had been sung happy birthday to, and given a card and a big chocolate birthday cake. This was all organised by Al. The cake was lovely but so rich. After lots of lady suits milled around getting stuck into the chocolaty goodness.

Home and happy that I have a vacation - the agency lets you have your birthday off which is very cool. So I watched some Twin Peaks weirdness and spoke to Lorraine. After I finish this blog I can go to bed, and not have to get up tomorrow. This is exceedingly big and clever.

Comments