My Birthday

A day off spent mainly rushing about. Looking at poems first off, but my house was so vile and messy that it demanded hours of cleaning and organising - although this was actually curiously theraputic. I went into town to pay for my new stripy armchair/sofa hybrid which was then delivered a couple of hours later.

Had lots of calls and good wishes from people today, which made me feel nice. As did the cheeky siesta I took in the afteroon. All in all felt fine about my birthday. I tend to get gloomy about age and mortality and so on the week before. When it comes around all is well.

An enjoyable Frasier Crane moment sitting on my new chair, in my extremely tidy house, sipping mineral water with a squeeze of lemon, playing guitar and waiting for Anton and Anna and Lorraine to come around. Then all out into Brighton for a few cheerful drinks and a curry.

Comments