Home and a fish finger sandwich

Sunday evening and back to real life, and the week yawns out before me. I am feeling a happy exhaustion after three days of walking across the Sussex countryside from Arudel to St Leonards forest. We reckon we walked approaching 40 miles, which is easily the longest I have ever walked on the trot.

Our findings and reports will be uploaded shortly on the True and Wonderfull blog.

We finished the walk at the Dragon in St Leonards forest. We had a couple of beers outside the pub by the road, feeling shattered and slightly sad, until the angelic Anna found us and drove us back to Brighton, Anton squished in the back with his bairns. Anna then kindly dropped me off at the Twitten, with a loaf of fresh bread she'd thoughtfully bought earlier.

Lots of orange roses have bloomed in front of my house in the last three days. Inside, and I lurked around the place in a blur of tiredness, stuffing aromatic clothes into the washer, and trying to prepare for tomorrow's hideous presentation in Guildford at 9:30.

After huge evening meals in the evenings I made do with a fish finger sandwich tonight, and it was curiously glorious.

I haven't slept well for the last few nights. Tonight, god willing I sleep like I've not slept for a long long time.

Comments

aimee said…
i haven't had a fish finger sarnie in years, or thought about one, sounds strangely yum.

So - how was your dragon? How are your feet more importantly, that's a bloody long quest...