Back to reality

Met Reuben on the early train with his gleaming white Apple laptop. We talked briefly before he had to start work. I listened to the Mark Kermode film review podcast. I got off at Clapham to go to Guildford, a town I'd never been to, where I was to present some work about an electric toothbrush which I didn't do, to a client I'd never met.

Presentation fine, despite arriving with just 30 seconds to spare after catching the stopping train by mistake, and then hailing the slowest cabbie in the world. A woman from another agency kept interrupting my presentation, but the client was nice, and I didn't bristle.

I was then driven into work by a cheerful Aussie suit chatting about sports, and about where he grew up a few hours outside of Sydney.

A reasonable day, feeling feeling stiff and tired - but in a good way. Talking to some of the guys at work who have done a 100km walk over the South Downs in one 18 hour session. Madness. The most appalling of wild horses couldn't force me to do that.

Home listening to my new audiobook which is for me an increasingly rare foray into science fiction: Martian Time Slip by Philip K Dick. Home... and added to the True and Wonderfull site with details of various Dragon related adventures. Then a nice IM session with Sprinkles in Florida before boofing happily to bed.

Comments