Down with skool

Up early in Edgware. Off to work after tea and toast with Mum and Mase. Re-reading, on the tube, some of strange bits and pieces that Mum had given me. A few old magazines that I was published in (including my first every poetry publication - one okay poem, one terrible one) and so on. Even something showing my weight a month after I was born: 9lbs 13 1/2 oz.

School reports can still be maddening all these years later. The first two years of reports are terrible, and then they improve slowly. Remarks... "Peter's work has deteriorated in spite of warnings. Too much work is 'slapdash'", "written work unsatisfactory" "most disappointing written work" "talks too much" "Peter shows no interest in the lessons and rarely does his work" and above all "Peter could do better". Yep. Written work was certainly my Achilles heel.

Burning them will be fun.

Work... And working on a pitch, so it was a day of stress and slog, but I managed to keep aloof. Then hours of sitting through rehearsals and death by PowerPoint. Interestingly, in the middle of it, was offered three months working in Hamburg. But I declined.

Left work late. Home, and preparing to get up fantastically early to do the pitch tomorrow.

Comments