The gloom lifts

Cheered up significantly today. Happened in the space of half an hour. The colours returned, and I regained my optimism. Work very busy at the moment so not much time for self-analysis. But I am getting ready to make some changes.

In the evening, I met Bob in the Salisbury in St Martins Lane. Very crowded and some excellent people watching to be had there while I was waiting for him. Enjoyed one immaculately dressed gent who made me think of the Dicken's phrase "a model of deportment" and stood where he could be seen with his sunglasses resting just so on his cap.

After a quick beer there with Bob, we walked through Covent Garden and up, the rain having finally ceased today, eventually finding the fairly good Punjab Restuarant on Neal Street. There are vile curries to be had in the West End, so it was quite a relief to have quite a nice one. Mad Dog on cheerful form, and at one point we tried to call Carl but just had the briefest of chats with him as he was on a motorway. After the meal we walked back through town down to Embankment together. As I had to return home fairly early due to an early client meeting.

Reading Marco Polo on the way home. Employed my Philips Sonicare toothbrush tonight for the first time. Absolutely brilliant. Never have my teeth feel so clean.

Then, very tired, to bed.

Comments