What could be nicer than kippers in the morning? Scarfed these then a quick scoot along the cliffs from Icart and then to the Barbarie to meet Mum and Mase.

Today Mason was forced to do walking by Mum. We walked down towards Moulin Huet and popped into the Pottery place. I earmarked some things I would later buy as Mase fell into a deep conversation with the owner, as he used to work in ceramics when he was a teenager.

Mum and I left him there still talking and walked down to Moulin Huet beach. It was high tide, and we paddled painfully on sharp rocks and stones for a bit. Lovely to be down there however.

Back up the steep hill to find Mase in La Bella Luce who was drinking coffee and deep in conversation with one of the staff. Had two halves of shandy, then walked through the little lanes past my old school, and the Nazi bunker that stood in the playground when I was a nipper.

At the Old Post I popped into Ogiers. The rather flirty ladies there told me the larger sizes were upstairs. Indignantly asked them if I looked like I needed the larger sizes but went upstairs and found a very nice blue sweater.

Back to St Martin's church. Mum rubbing the head of the Gran'mere. I wanted to look inside the Church again having mostly been in it for funerals. A nice little place, and I took some photos of the light falling through the windows. Then food! Over the road to a cafe called La Criox Guerin which has normally been a magnet for ladies drinking tea and gossiping. It now has a new chef, so everyone gets nice food too. A very pleasant homemade steak and ale pie there, and we all liked it. Especially Mase.

We walked back to the hotel and after a bit Romy and Toby appeared looking surprisingly fresh. Very nice to see them of course. I had a quick walk with them along the cliffs till we got to my hotel, where I stopped for a short snooze and a shower.

Back to the Barbarie later, for another cheery feed. Toby and Romy doing well against the jetlag. Walked home and stood again in the dark at Icart Point before returning home. Lovely way to end the day.

Below Toby and Romy looking like they are on an album cover; Icart Point in the morning with my shadow; Moulin Huet.

Comments