Working from home today so no sweaty schlepp up to London. It allowed me to focus on the breast cancer writing, which I did for most of the day. Slipped out at lunch to buy a can of paint and worked till five. Then at five, after a brief chat with Steve my next door neighbour I walked straight down to the sea and jumped into it.

After days of sweltering heat the water was warm (for the Channel) and I could have happily stayed in for longer, but I kept eyeing the sea advancing towards my clothes and had to come back in after a quarter of an hour or so. Heaving myself out I dried off in the sun watching people on the beach and in the water, and listening to the band playing nearby. A nice end to the working week.

Then off up the road to see Anton who had just returned from New York, Anna and Brian. We sat in their garden all night eating obscene amounts of Chinese food. Watched the recording of Anna and Baby Klauds talking about baby signing on TV. Anna very relaxed and normal seeming when she was interviewed. Klaudia being adorable of course.

Here is a snap of Brian with (a momentarily-horrified looking) Oskar.

Comments