For some reason, the Gods conspired to give me a wretched day at work. I slogged for ten hours without break on copy, pausing only to be part of a half hour argument/meeting that made me so angry I could hardly speak. Stupidly I have pointed to an elephant in the room, that a big communication stream we've created is simply wrong in strategy, tone and content, which didn't make me very popular. The thought that I will be in Guernsey tomorrow sustained me.

Evening not quite as planned. Plan A was to have a copy shop reunion on wheels, i.e. having a drink on the Brighton train with the copy shop. But both Reuben and Kate had to cancel. But all was well, after stomping late out of work I met Matty and American Craig and Matt and his friend Sophie outside the Blue Anchor for a few glasses of Magners cider over ice and at some point I stopped wanting to murder everyone, which was nice. Matty is a magnet for silly jokes that I love. What's this? he asked me, twisting his wrist and making brmm... brmm... noises. A moto(w)rist! I think he is funny anyway.

Ended up with Matty boy in the Agni. He's doing well despite all the sadness over T and him not working out. We fell into conversation with one of the guys at the restaurant, after I asked him about a Hamuman monkey god/clock combo on the counter. Photo below.

Next stop Guernsey. Am not taking my laptop but may find myself able to update at some point in the next week.

Comments

Kate said…
When ARE you coming back from your hols? Selfish I call it.