Another beautiful morning. The Channel looking an almost Mediterranean blue when I walked down towards the sea first thing to score a futon for my embryonic spare bedroom/study. I can pick it up in time for Toby and Romy to have something to sleep on when they stay.

Light food shopping, which included seaweed for miso soup, and then home. Very introspective day but exactly what I wanted.

A spot of sunbathing sitting reading the Guardian and then did jobs such as laundry, or waxing my floor. Then I struggled ineffectually with a poem. Research for the latter made me start reading about The Lighthouse of Alexandra one of the seven wonders of the world. I hadn't realised this was as high as a 40 story modern building.

Also consulted the I Ching which gave me as usual some very sensible advice. Then listened to the demo CD the soul singer gave me on the train the other day, and it was good. His name is Jawahall. You read his name first here.

Peaceful day apart from one interlude. I was listening to the radio at about tea time and a woman started screaming immediately outside. Went into the Twitten and discovered a young woman, swearing at her mother and I think her boyfriend. As I stood there she swore at me too for good measure as she stormed off screaming again. The other two apologised for her. I think she was drunk. Sudden uninhibited screaming, I decided, can be quite unnerving. Perhaps I will try it at work.

Going to have an early night. I must be getting old, but I am really looking forward to it.

Comments