Emotional this morning on the train. Brooding about how MJ and me were engaged a year ago on Thursday, and this time last year she and the kids were over with me in Brighton. I still don't understand how something begun with such love could have ended so badly.

Anyway. Work not too bad. Locked myself away with The Gnome working on concepts for our incontinence product. Went for a swim, had a quick chat with Max and then melted away from work as fast as humanly possible.

Thinking about my engagement also makes me think about the tube bombs in London which happened the day after.

Coming home, I had one of my personal worst-case scenarios on the tube. Was in one of the smaller Piccadilly tubes and it got stuck in a tunnel as the preceding train had a fault. Absolutely airless, as it was the hottest day in London today. I was wearing shorts and sweat was streaming from my legs in the carriage. The paper said that due to 50% humidity on the tubes the temperature feels like 105 degrees in some of the tubes. I felt okay for the first five minutes or so but as it stretched towards 15, with no air and no movement in the silent and crowded carriage, I began to feel very claustrophobic and shaky. Thank God it moved before I began to climb the walls but horrible, horrible, horrible.

Home and there was an invitation to Caroline and James' wedding. And I am going to see them both next week, in Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, which should be fun. Also spoke to Mad Dog today, who I am going to see next week too.

Thanks to swimming, I have a verruca. New treatment available these days. It allows you to freeze it off using a contraption that allows you to put a supercold pad on the offending wart. Amazing.

And a sad cybernote... The comment attached to yesterday's entry is from Badgerdaddy. He has deleted his blog, which is a great shame. I enjoyed reading Badgerdaddy's frank accounts of the the goings-on in Bungay.

Comments

Kate said…
Wierd, just read Badgerdaddy's blof for the first time in a while yesterday and really enjoyed it. Shame. But then again, if people from work read mine, I'd probably have to do the same.
Kate said…
Hmm. Weird not wierd. Blog not blof. Good job I don't write for a living or anything. Bah.
badgerdaddy said…
Thanks First Mate. I enjoyed writing it. Still trying to figure out if any damage has been done...