Chilled Sunday. Anna, Anton and the bairns called around and we went to the Sunday market by Brighton Station. Lots of tatty stuff, but plenty of interesting bric a brac, and odd objects too. I ended up buying a record for 50p and some sandalwood beads from the stall of a Tibetan Buddhist. Very nice guy. Turns out Sogyal Rinpoche was known to him and a friend of his family.

After this we all went off to Bills for breakfast. Read papers and drank coffee and excellent fruit juices and salmon and scrambled eggs. Klaudia making me laugh by picking decorations from a fairy cake, licking each individually, and pulling a disgusted face.

After this I spent a happy day pottering at home. Slipping out to order a new leaf green rug for my bedroom and looked at some furniture made from driftwood but couldn't work out where to put it in my house.

Also started packing for my trip to Guernsey, which I am looking forward to immensely. Confession time: spoke to Mum today and told her about the chocolate Romy had given me for her. It is still in my cupboard. If you read this Romy, I am hanging my head in shame.

My friend Aimee has started a blog, which I have added to the list on the sidebar -- called Notes from a Sandy Country well written and an interesting insight into Dubai life.

Matty boy texted me that he and Taranjit are not a couple any more this weekend too. That's a shame.

Comments