Thanks to global warming the hottest July day ever in England today. It was bloody hot, and didn't feel like England at all. Lurked in at work today, keeping a low profile, scuttling out only to go for a long swim in the middle of the afternoon having broken off from writing about breast cancer.

Discovered that we did not win the car pitch I worked on lately. Apparently the strategy and creative was wonderful, but they couldn't agree on how much we wanted to be paid. Some of us a bit cheesed off at this, especially me as I wanted to be able to brag about winning a car pitch and never having driven a car. Lurked at work late this evening.

I played table tennis for a bit and ended up having a few drinks in the cool with the FB and Liz and several others. The FB passionate about the situation in Lebanon. But I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think that Israel's response isn't entirely disproportionate.

First Matie phoned me from the Mulberry Bush in the South Bank where she was with Bryony. The Mulberry bush is a fairly grotesque boozer but was where Reuben me and Kate had our first ever drink together.

Strapped on a pizza nosebag with Olga and Liz afterwards, which was fun.

Comments