Another strange night. Dreams that seemed extremely important about getting messages from dead people. I'd meditated before I went to bed, and I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The heatwave continues. Wore shorts and a teeshirt into work. I had a moment this morning just as I was set to walk into the station of looking back down the road to the sea and feeling a tremendous loathing for the idea of going up to London. However, I have had a good Seagull-based idea for a longer prose project and started to scribble bits down on the train.

Work not too bad. People despondently discussing footie. However, Alice saying that she'd talked to Mark and was coming down next weekend to Brighton with baby Mya and her husband Mike.

The Tubes were packed and very hot. Apparently temperatures in the deeper tunnels reached 105 f, during the day which is not good. Went for a swim, and later interviewed someone who had cancer in her family for a charity piece I am working on.

Watching a programme about obesity this evening, while scarfing into some fairly modest noodles. Anna called saying that she and Anton had just bought some enormous pizzas... Found myself in no time up the hill eating pizza and drinking cold beer in their back garden on my personal obesity fast track.

Nice to be there with them. It is almost idyllic sitting in their garden. Anna feeding young Oskar. Baby Klauds being adorable, Trotsky the cat lurking about in the undergrowth waiting for moths, and Anton talking about our next walk, which should be this Saturday. We're hoping the heatwave abates. And Anna talking again about investigating becoming a life coach, and using her NLP skills. I want to be the first client.

And home to the Twitten and blessed bed.

Comments

badgerdaddy said…
Hi Peter,
Just wanted to let you know I killed my blog. Turns out, half of Bungay was reading it apparently, and there's no point writing it if I can't be totally honest... So I killed it. Heartbreaking for me, but there you go. The right thing to do, I reckon.
I'll drop you a line should I start back up, phoenix-like. In the meantime, get to work on that obesity project.
Peter Kenny said…
It is Bungay's loss Badgerdaddy.