Beautiful day again. Bumped into an art director pal called Yuk I'd not seen for some time. He showed me a clip filmed on his phone of a mutual friend Jez dancing the first dance with his wife at his wedding. Amazing really just how blasé we all are about having all this technology in our pockets.

Then into work and a last mad scramble of work till 3 o'clock, and then done at last. I went straight off for an enlivening swim before returning to the agency, which was in a very Fridayish mood. Sat chatting to Trace on the sofas but we slightly depressed each other talking about the failure of our last relationships. I then joined in the fiercely-competitive ping-pong frenzy which still grips the creative department and said farewell to the Gnome who is off to Spain.

A bit of leaving do tonight, and so lots of people lurking about in the work bar and sitting outside in the sun. I decided to join them, and had a few drinks with Phil, and then mingled more generally and getting talking to an interesting new Vietnamese guy called Tan.

Home late having tiresomely just missed my train, feeling empty and looking forward to sleep and simply being at home.

Comments