In good cheer as I walked through Hammersmith Graveyard to work, noticed some plots have been planted with red pelargoniums which really blaze out beautifully. Had a laugh at work most of the day, and contrived to slip away for a 40 minute mid-morning swim to beat the crowds that are increasingly driven to the pool by the heat at lunchtime. I am so lucky that my job can be flexible enough for me to just do that.

Worked through lunch but broke off to play some table tennis. There is a fiercely competitive league in the creative department and to my amazement I managed to beat the current champion. The last time I played table tennis was with Toby and he used to explode with rage if I won and there is a Toby-type personality in the league who smashed his bat the other day after losing.

Slipped away early and walked up the river to the Dove to meet Sarah. The heat made it feel like we were in somewhere like Greece. Had a lively evening of enjoyable argument with her while forking down another curry in the Agni and drinking intoxicating lime-flavoured drinks.

Comments