Really enjoyed today. Read the Guardian and had a nice breakfast in a café down in Trafalgar St. Then bought some nice green paint called Bramble Hedge to complement the wood and the white of my downstairs room. Wandered into a rug shop and had earnest conversations about rugs too for a while. People are friendly in this town and are much happier about taking time to talk than Londoners.

Later walked down towards the sea to score some blinds and a shower curtain from Habitat. And then cheerfully employed myself painting and fixing stuff while listening to BBC Radio 4. Gradually some order is asserting itself from the ghastly mess, and I am liking what I am seeing.
Got a call from Katie today who said she was thinking of writing a book about the Forest of Dean, and a pleasant text from the French Bloke.

In the evening I did my now-traditional clamber up the hill to Anton and Anna’s house to eat and be merry. Although Anton has been ill for the last few days, so the wine drinking was left to me and Anna. Happily watched the inanities of Celebrity Big Brother on TV, interrupted only by Anton roaring at Trotsky as she ripped up their new Persian rug with her claws.

Comments