A day of rest for me today. Saturday evening spent being taught to play backgammon by Anna and Anton, and between accusations of cheating we all drank too much wine and ate Anton's excellent home made pizzas served on his pizza paddle.

Sunday dawned beautifully. Seagulls yarping outside. Got up early and walked off my hangover by the sea. Spent several hours simply walking, and took in the Aquarium which I really enjoyed. Particularly absorbed by the cephalopods and the King crabs which the notice said were living fossils. I know how they feel. Then off into the lanes shopping for CDs.

I did almost nothing all afternoon, till in the evening I went up the hill for supper with Janet and Ken and talked among other things, about Flaubert, US foreign policy and Brighton Council's policy on waste disposal.

Home and am happy in the thought that I am surrounded by friends.

Work tomorrow and the dreaded commute.

Comments