Mostly pottering about in the morning. Started writing a couple of lines in the morning over breakfast about my grandparent’s clock which I stored under the stairs in a cardboard box. This week I moved it and despite it not having been wound for over a year it struck continuously for several minutes, muffled away in its box, The sound took me back to being a child listening from the bedroom in Guernsey to the clock downstairs in the dining room as it pared away at the scary night hour by half-hour with its chimes.

Saw Anton and Anna again this morning, Anton thoughtfully bringing me a stand for my stereo equipment and the turntable he has lent me so I will become hooked on vinyl again. Baby Clouds squeaking cheerfully and crawling around the floor. It is impossible not to have your heart melted by that little thing. They dropped in again after shopping and we had coffee. I really like being in a place where friends can just drop by. A bit later Janet and Ken came round to look at my place for the first time. Ken wearing his hat looking quite striking. They were off to a reunion of Janet’s family. It was great to see them.

Other than that I worked on the house and went for an hour or so walk around town. I seem to be getting a bit nippier at walking up the steep hills of Brighton.

Feel more reasonable about the work business now. I will have to be practical and swallow my pride and that’s all there is to it. Not exactly relishing next week however. And if that weren’t enough I have the medical exam coming up on Tuesday.

Comments