Went with Anna down to Klaudia’s childminder, also called Anna, so I could meet her should I need to pick Klauds up in an emergency. Baby Klauds reacted in horror at being handed over to the childminder. I felt really sorry for Anna because it was clearly upsetting.

Anna the childminder, however, I thought was a really nice woman, taking time to reassure Anna, and looking exactly like a childminder should and squeezing the babies reassuringly. As well as Klauds she was looking after another baby with a shock of red hair called, I think, Lily. Apparently everyone calls her Paul Scholes however because she is the replica of the Manchester United football player.

Painting over the cerise and grey abomination of the bedroom; the green hallway, and over the green splashes I made on the white paint yesterday.

A cooker and fridge were delivered today. And at lunchtime an amiable plumber and his mate came to connect it. Everyone pleasant and cheery and very helpful. When they’d gone I looked around in the shops at various bits of furniture, and bought another couple of cheap blinds. Stood by the sea for a while just loving the waves and the light, eventually the cold compelled me to eat a Cornish pastie.

Next went to the supermarket and bought eight bags of provisions right from basics like salt and pepper all the way through to a pomegranate which I left in the back of the taxi I caught home.
Cooked the first meal for myself in months. Really hot chicken and vegetable curry laced with lots of fresh chillies, garlic and ginger.

Spoke to Janet and Ken who have just returned from the New World. As I now live under five minutes away from their house I shall visit them tomorrow.

My mum and Mason are coming tomorrow too. Mum seems really excited to see my new place.

Fixed up my CD player tonight so I have tunes again. I am listening to Innervisions by Stevie Wonder and feeling quite mellow. All is well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad to hear that you have settled into your new place. Hope all is well.

Romy