Storms and good cheer

Working early this morning, I also billed my old French clients, who payed me an astonishing twenty minutes of receiving the invoice, and had good chat with Keith. Things are going to slowly change, as I look to slackening off on my work load somewhat. Meanwhile Chris the plumber putting a valve on on one of the toilets and came into my study to look at the boiler. Also Lorraine being called by a stressed Beth as her car had started acting strangely on the motorway as she was driving up to London, and she had to await the AA. Then Stephanie, our neighbour came for coffee with Lorraine at 11 while I was working. Stephanie just lost her mum, who was well into her nineties died recently, and she is still getting over her husband suddenly dying three years ago. But she is a cheerful resilient soul, and Lorraine and her trading helping her set up her Alexa for borrowing her shredding machine. 

Lorraine and I then went shopping to Morrisons in the car as we were buying heavy things. Stopped off at the sea, as it was blowing an absolute raging gale this morning. I hopped over the wall and crunched onto the pebbles to look at the white sea, Lorraine sensibly staying in the car, and I spotted a dead porpoise.  

Home and a good deal of tidying as Yvonne and Brian came around for dinner tonight. A very cheery evening was had. I like them both very much. Lorraine cooked her special chicken stew with grapes and lettuce added at the end, and chocolate mousse. We drank a fair bit and talked for hours. All good. Fond farewell's and they mooched off into the night to walk home.

My snaps can't convey the buffeting wind and roaring sea -- the sad sight of the porpoise washed up. And Calliope adopted Brian during the evening.   




Comments