Out of the woods and into the trees

Awake early as I always am when Lorraine is away. Picked up the threads of a job to do with dog health for Val in Paris as well as uploading the podcast, with my interview with Robert Hamberger who is a lovely bloke. Felt a bit like I couldn't see the wood for the trees on the job I was working on.

Luckily Brian called by at 2pm and drove us to nearby Friston forest. Lovely to walk among real trees there. I am getting to know him better now.  He is an interesting and thoughtful man. Among other things we were talking about the miracle of Jesus helping a blind man to see, by rubbing his spitty thumbs on his eyes. When the man opens his eyes, however he can only see trees, but when he opens them again he sees people instead. He drove me home, but not before we stopped at The Plough and Harrow at Littlington and quaffed some Long Man bitter, which is literally brewed across the lane. It was great to have an interlude out of my office. 

Home, and I spoke to Lorraine who was still in Ashford. I slipped off for a further pint with Steve. After I had moaned self indulgently about having to do work this week, it turned out that he lost two friends yesterday, which is a hard thing. We, however, managed to have a bit of a laugh.

Home to a primitive but satisfying fish finger and baked bean supper. Lorraine home from Ashford, late and tired. Very happy indeed to have her home. 

Below, on the path by the side of the forest, overlooking the valley (which looks completely shallow in the this shot).



 

Comments