Back again

Lying in bed with Lorraine making plans about the day. Up and moving the carpet in one of the rooms to prepare for the boiler being replaced. I lifted up the sideboard so we could move the carpet.  

My back gave very painfully. Swore repeatedly and with feeling. Lorraine slapped an ice pack on it. I kept moving, and we went into the garden and did a few small jobs and felt okay and got lulled into a false sense of security. But once I sat down everything began to seize painfully -- just like when I did it last summer. Gah.

Football a cheering diversion. Manchester United, who have been nowhere near their best have been showing green shoots of a strong recovery. They went to Liverpool, their greatest rivals and themselves having a difficult season, and were spanked a record 7-0. I know it is wrong of me but you'd have to have a heart of stone not to have texted Anton about it and to be gladdened by Match of the Day 2.

Spoke to Mum today. She has sourced a car, and the driving instructor man across the road she bought it from took her out for two lessons to familiarise her with it. It has parking camera and proximity beeps and other things modern cars have. Mas is loving it. Mum is gradually building her confidence about working out what all the controls do. The driving is okay she says. 

Comments