A shade in the Crypt

Outside this morning, feeling cheery. Before we left to mooch about the shops, Lorraine and I nipped out to hang some washing out, as it was briefly sunny. There is a covering for the umbrella like drying line, and we hold this in place with one of the grotesque concrete animal sculptures that infest the garden.  I am now collecting these things and placing them carefully by the side of the Summer house in a way that all the cartoonish rabbits, and frogs, and fornicating rabbits etc. look at back at you like the figures in Anthony Gormley's Field for the British Isles. Anyway the concrete animal fell from some height onto my foot. I was only wearing my canvas Vans, and it hurt two of my toes like a bastard. 

Lorraine and I into town (me with throbbing toes) to do some shopping. Looked at the little market, and bought nothing, popped into the Crypt where there was an exhibition of Sussex printmakers. We have pieces by two of the exhibitors. We liked lampshades made by Sally Elford -- and might get some.

I got chatting to the woman who runs the space, as I might want to use it for a poetry reading, or a play. Off to the health food shop to buy things there, special flour for the sourdough loaves and so on before we snuck off home again. 

One of Sally Elford's lampshades...














Comments