Industry and sunshine

A day of industry and sunshine. Lorraine and I hard at work in the garden again today. We had taken delivery of a cast aluminium garden table and six chairs. We had to bolt the legs on and so on. Very sturdy and nice, and the chairs are very comfortable. Sat there having cups of tea in the sun, and ate lunch on it too.

Then in the afternoon we did a bit of rearranging of rocks in our rocky bit. Then we deployed the circular saw Lorraine ordered recently, and working together I sawed lots of sleepers in half to make the short ends of the beds. I enjoyed doing it too, which is weird. If on my own, I am not sure I would have felt confident enough to do a job like that. But one of the excellent things about Lorraine, who was busy measuring and using the set square to draw lines, and hefting sleepers with me, is that she makes it all possible somehow. Finished late afternoon, just as the rain came again.

As a footnote to the joyful garden, there is creature, a wood pigeons perhaps, or some species of buzz-killing insect who is eating the flowers from our daffodils.  There is always something going on in that garden.

Even though I had not left home, I did over 5k paces, and what with all the hefting of things, we both felt we had done a healthy work out. 

So below, the garden table assembled on our terrace. Calliope and Brian sunning themselves, the fish in the pond also lurking at the surface, seemed to be sunning themselves too. And an incredibly tasty and healthy lunch made with chickpea flour pancake, cheese, germinated seedlings, homemade coleslaw, home made sauerkraut some Brie and a cup of splash.





Comments