Purposeful things

I got up, feeling achey after yesterday's walk, additionally I felt coldy and sinus again. Sauntered down the road to get some bread, then came home and made Lorraine and I bacon and egg sandwiches, then simply returned to bed, where I stayed with my lovely wife reading the Guardian and chatting.

Later I spoke to Mum in hospital twice. She had had a comfortable night, and sounded quite cheery. They kept her in overnight tonight too, but fed her supper, and wanted to monitor her. She was very happy to eat. Also let the Tobster know what was going on with Mum and had chats with him.

When Lorraine and I did manage to get up we did purposeful things around the house. She had bought a steam cleaner, and we used it on the gold sofa. The grimiest section of which looks much improved now. Then we prepped the big bedroom, where Beth had been, and tore a few inaugural strips of wallpaper.

Then off to Hove, picked up Beth from work and dropped her off home with a chair we were giving her. Then after looking around at their flat now they have moved in. Lorraine and I drove off to homebase, picked up paint and other bits and pieces.

Later we hopped on a bus back to Hove and met Beth and John at Hove Place. John not particularly well, with the familiar sounding wussiness I'd had this week. We sat outside briefly, till the rain started and Beth had accidentally knocked her beer over my trousers. Luckily it went on my knee rather than my crotch. Interesting philosophical problem, would you have to go home if your trousers were drenched at the crotch? Beth said you'd just have to front it out. From there we went to Fatto a Mano in Hove for pizza. Rain started coming down in stair rods while we were there, so we flitted back to Hove Place. Once a few beers had been drunk and the rain stopped, Lorraine and I cabbed home. Everyone a bit tired tonight.

Comments