A candle for Anton

A slow morning. I have discovered an enormous capacity for doing nothing. I have no thoughts and no ambitions at the moment, and I am liking it. Next week, will be the start of doing things again, as Lorraine is going back at school and I must pick up the threads. Loved being with Lorraine so much.

It was Anton's birthday today. (And Bob's.) Lorraine and I walked down to The Joker, to meet Anton and Anne, and we sat in the railway carriage section. A bit later Anna and Klaudia and Oskar arrived, having been in France at Anna's parent's house. The kids swarming on Anton, clearly delighted to see him. They were bearing presents too including a book of second world war military campaign maps, for Anton is cheered by reading about icy slaughter on the Eastern Front.

Everyone on woof woofs apart from Anne. I am always pleased to see my Godbairns, Oskar starts his senior school next week, he's quite positive about it. Nice to see Anna too, and hear how her parents were.

Then all back to Anton's house to eat cake. It had a spectacular candle, like a cross between a bunsen burner and a firework. The cake was very chocolatey indeed.

Lorraine and I sloped home mid evening, leaving Anton and his mum to discuss politics with some energy.

Below Klaudia Anton and Oskar; Anne, Lorraine and Anna; Anton's enormous candle.




Comments