Shoeing and cooing

An excellent morning after Lorraine and I got up. Lorraine into town, to meet her pal Sarah for a long coffee, and I worked on some poems, and in that hour had something of a breakthrough on two substantial poems I have been working on. This made me feel like I hadn't completely lost my writing mojo after all, which was pleasing.

Then into town to meet Lorraine. We stopped for a coffee in one of Brighton's innumerable coffee places, and then went to a recently opened shoe shop where Lorraine had just bought some rather cool boots. The Italian manager was cooing excitedly over Lorraine when we returned, and I ended up being given a small discount on a nice pair of tan and green suede numbers. I like shoes.

Then a bit of shopping around town. A kerfuffle just outside Churchill square, and more cooing. People were taking photographs of two dyed doves, which had settled on a ledge just near one of the main entrances. I snapped this below.

After some shopping, including a spell in Waitrose, Lorraine and I bussed home. In the evening we drove out to Lorraine's pal Carolyn's house, for supper with Carolyn and her brother John and his new husband Peter. A very pleasant evening. Carolyn is always up to something artistic, such as painting and embroidery, and is involved with charities supporting Nicaragua at the moment. Peter and John told us about vast gatherings of seals on the Lincolnshire coast, which I'd never heard about. They are running, mostly for fun, a guest house. I asked if it had a seal of approval.

Drove home in the rain, after a cheerful night, and were happy to be indoors.


Comments