Three birds, one stone

So, a ghastly night's sleep. I took the monitor off after 2am (they said I could) and I didn't sleep till about 4 so felt a bit blurry this morning.

Got out of bed early and began work on the story I started yesterday. I have assembled it from previous material, and it is working a treat. I have not settled on a name for it yet.

After an hour or so of this I walked down to the doctor's office with the blood pressure gubbins, and for an appointment. The doctor was able to give me the scores on the doors, which he said were reassuring. In fact my blood pressure was okay. All I have to do now is take care of myself, shun situations that freak me out, and I may not explode like an overfed leech at any moment after all. This is a bit of a win.

Off then to Brighton station and up to Paddington where I met Mum. The first of my three birds. We had arranged to meet in the station entrance. Of which there are about 17. Luckily mum had her phone and we discovered we were at opposite corners of the station. We met up and walked along by the canals and offices and found ourselves at the Dickens Tavern, where I had been a couple of weeks ago with Pat and Maureen. Had a long chat and a couple of drinks and some fish and chips. For much of the time we were the only people in the vast pub which was a bit strange, but quite nice too.

Then we walked into Paddington and we met Pat and Maureen, (birds two and three) returning from their holiday in Dawlish. Fond farewells to Mum, and then I jumped into a cab with Pat and Maureen and headed off to St. Pancras where we had cups of tea. They gave me a solar powered dancing Shaun the Sheep for my study, and some Dawlish toffees to take home. Pat was sporting a wedding ring, that Maureen had bought him on holiday. I saw them onto the Ashford train and made off to Brighton.

A lengthy journey home in faux first class. When I got back I ordered curries for Lorraine, John and Beth who were coming home from various places. John and Beth are to pick up the key to their flat tomorrow morning, which is exciting. They were picking about in the dungeon this evening preparing to take bits with them at the weekend.

An early night for all.

Comments