Out with Innis

Up and working on sorting out my various poetry manuscripts etc. Anton called and walked, and partly ran, over for a chat, a cup of coffee, and to bring back my World at War DVDs and borrow some Frasier DVDs. He has been doing a small amount of work each day this week, and has been enjoying it.

Did a bit more wall scraping, and then cooked for Lorraine and I before I walked down into town  to meet Innis. I found him in the street, just having got off one of the new Brighton Bikes and zoomed across from Hove. We went to the back-from-the-dead The Foundry, then the newly renovated King William IV, and then on into the Lanes. The Tuesday night pubs sparsely populated and ideal for chatting in. At one point I found myself helping a couple, the man had accidentally fallen to his knees and seemed to be struggling. Turns out he had artificial legs so I hoisted him up. Slightly surreal. Innis and I ended up in The Black Lion, having had quite a bit of beer and had a really good laugh talking about a vast array of subjects.

Fond farewells with Innis, then I walked back home, arriving after midnight.

Comments