Mind maps

Lorraine off to school early, I spent much of the day thinking and making airy mind maps, taking a strategic view of my activities. Plunging in without much forethought which tends to be my modus operandi. I seem to have my fingers in lots of pies. Other than itemising what I had to do, when I felt in the mood. A weakness I have is that I'm not much of a joiner-in-er, which means that I simply get things done (a positive) but the negative is that I usually operate as an outlier. I would like to be more connected.

I was able to make an appointment to see Jewel for a deep tissue massage at Sundial. I always feel so much better afterwards, though the prodding of lots of tender knots in your back can be quite painful. The last part of the massage is when Jewel asks you to flip over onto your back and she holds your head and rolls it about and stretches your neck. I find this incredibly relaxing.

Felt a bit tender afterwards, but walked home through Preston Park and then got on with my mind maps till Lorraine came home. It had been a staff-only day today, so a gentle way to start. We had missed each other. A cheery salad-eating evening, and an early night. Watched the JK Rowling detective show, which was nicely cast.

Below a snap of the part of Preston Park that has been sown with wildflowers.




Comments