Spiders at dawn

Slept very well and up for breakfast with Mum and Mas. At the table horrific tickling on the back of my neck and something rushing into my hair. A large spider which I brushed off myself with some alacrity onto the carpet. Mum yelling don't kill it, not that anyone was trying to, and chasing it under the table before taking it outside. Way too much excitement before a gentleman's first cup of tea. Mum gave me a lift to the station, then I went back to the Turnham Green office. Bumped into Matt briefly, who glows happily when talking about his new baby Harry. Meanwhile Stephen's dad died, (he was in his 90s) the same day as Matt's son was born. Even though it wasn't unexpected, he is still sad about it.

I spent the day working with Jerry an art director I've worked with occasionally. Nice to catch up as we designed some old-school direct marketing mailpacks. Mooched cheerfully with Jerry at lunchtime, as he compared the virtues of Co-enzyme Q10 products and got excitable in an art supplies shop. Jo, Jerry and I last to leave the office.

Lorraine picked me up from the station, as she was driving past having done pilates. As it was late and I was feeling lazy, we wandered into the Preston Park Tavern and had a bite to eat with my lady wife there. All well.

Comments