The eyes have it

Feeling rough today, achey and totally without energy. Working this morning, by midday I had decided I was officially unwell, so stopped working, cancelled tomorrow's meeting up in London and repaired to the sofa, where I slept heavily. Had to cancel going out tonight to visit Dawn in Steyning. A quick foray out to buy fish and chips for myself and pie and chips for Beth in the depths of a rich and full cough, from round the corner in the evening. Ate them, felt too full.

I try to steer clear of politics here. But impossible to avoid today, watching with gloom the Lilliputians in the UK government decide to bomb Syria. Through out history we have seen how bombing people into peacefully agreeing with us always works. I'm pleased too that the Russians will be in the same airspace going after different targets to the US, France and UK. What could possibly go wrong? Delighted too that nobody's accidentally already shot down a Russian plane to escalate tension. Proud of Hilary Benn for swaying the day by saying Isis were fascists. The Isis madmen are not fascists, of course, as anyone who owns a dictionary could tell him. Gah.

I suppose it is a function of getting older that I look on politicians now as authority figures, but as people. If I were working with them, how would I rate them? On the whole, very poorly. Caroline Lucas, my MP, and Britain's only Green MP came out of it all with credibility intact. I would hire her. One incompetent is Penny Mordaunt, minister for state for the Armed Forces, saying how much safer we'll be now we're at war on an interview with ITV News, blinking nervously every ounce of her body language radiating the opposite. Thus, with eyes closed, of we go to war.

Comments