Curiously relaxed

A weird start to the day, having slept like a baby, was the idea that I didn't have to do any work, apart from answer a couple of emails. Lorraine finishing off her last report on a school today. After a while, however, I decided to go into town to do some last shopping. I enjoyed to be wandering about, a rare  treat to be enjoying Christmas shopping. I saw something on Facebook this morning, a shot of a man from behind with shopping bags, the caption read December 22. Only two days before men start shopping. I contrast I feel unusually organised.

Lorraine off in the evening to do pilates and noticeably cheery having almost completed all the work on her old job, while I was collected by Anton, who dropped off the present of a dark magnolia tree, just like the one I have long admired in his front garden. Then we drove to his house, where I had the chance to spend some time with my Godbairns. Klaudia is shooting up rapidly. Nice to chat to them and to Anne.

Then Anton and I went for a few festive drinks before heading down to Preston Circus where we went to Fatto a Mano to have some as their name suggests, handmade pizzas. Cracking pizzas they were too, and we sat up at the counter watching them stick them into the wood burning oven. A cheery and Italian woman manager, who gave us free Limoncello. From there Anton and I repaired to the Joker where, when I ordered a round, the barman offered me a pack of cards. If you cut and find the Joker you get your round free, which is a fun idea. As ever a good deal of breeze to be shot with Anton during the course of the evening. Simply splendid to be out and about with the prospect of workless days stretching ahead.

Below Anton in the Joker, and one of its random glowy skulls.



Comments