Chills before bedtime

All gathering in the kitchen this morning for a final big breakfast. Then Lorraine drove Mum, Mas and myself to Horsham where we dropped Mum and Mas at the station. The trains disrupted over the holiday so this was the nearest most sensible station. Nice to be zooming through the countryside, and Lorraine showed Mum and Mas her school. We saw her name painted on the board outside, which was exciting.

Fond farewells to Mum and Mas, who managed to get home although it took quite a while. Lorraine and I drove back home and had a relaxed afternoon. I had a snooze, as my penchant for drinking rum and coke in the evening hasn't been helping me sleep.

Bubble and squeak this evening, with turkey and pickles, which was yummy. I haven't had a thought in my head all day about writing, or reading or poems or work or anything. I think it's the vacant time my brain needs. So pleased that Lorraine is resting too.

Lorraine and I took a quick walk this evening, as she is using the fitbit I got her for Christmas. Nice to walk around Blakers Park. A child happily playing with his or her father in the dark, sending up a flying blue toy into the sky, which then dropped down to be caught.

We all watched a ghostly TV drama this evening called Harry Price: Ghost Hunter which I enjoyed because it combined exposing the charlatan nature of mediums with suggesting there really was a ghost present. A few scares and chills before bed time. Steered clear of the rum and cokes. Simply had a couple of cans of Heineken instead.

Comments