Opening the box marked Christmas

Up early because it seems that Christmas is here at last. Felt decidedly unChristmassy this year so far. Christmas is usually my favourite time of year. We drove off to drop Betty off at where she teaches drama to kids, and then plunging early into the business of Christmas shopping. I also bought some presents for myself, such as a pair of slippers and an amazing bargain in M&S. I don't normally go there for shoes, but I discovered a honey coloured pair of suede brogues that were suprisingly chic. Turns out they were end of the line, and I got them non-returnably for a mere £9. A bobby bargain. Later L & I stopped off at Foodilic and had a two small savoury tarts and shared a surprisingly delicious beetroot salad and a coffee, before re-engaging in the shops. I found myself enjoying it all somewhat.

Home and rather tired several hours later. Luckily there was time to do a bit more shopping, so Lorraine and I sloped up to Fiveways. When we John came around, and after opening the box marked 'Christmas' full of baubles and so on, we put up the Christmas tree and decorations and had a hearty supper. Feeling decidedly tired by the end of this, but definitely more festive.

Below all the joy of the Churchill Square mall 'Pudding Factory' (sounds like an innuendo from a 1970s stand-up comic) Santa's Grotto... John and Beth doing deadpan Christmas faces, Calliope liking the box marked 'Christmas'.


Comments