Klaudia is nine

Back on the business book, and investigating markets for different kinds of writing. Time is a great editor, and I can see disconcerting errors that were invisible a month or so ago. Dogged by the cats as I worked, who are busy hating their food choices, which is causing them to sit on or near my desk and create trouble. Especially Calliope, who now has learnt how to pick up scissors and play with them.

Off this afternoon to give Klaudia her birthday present. Hard to believe that she is nine now, if it weren't for the large 9-shaped balloon in the room. She liked the Lego I'd got her, and showed me some of her other presents including a fluffy white mechanical dog, which she seemed particularly keen on. I asked Anton if it had bitten him yet, but got no reply.

Sat with Oskar and Klaudia playing games on iPhones. Klaudia and Oskar playing Temple Run 2. Oskar used my iPhone and instantly got a high score. I played with a species of 3D supermario on a Nintendo. A piece of birthday cake, a cup of tea and a chat with Anna and Anton before they went off to Wagamama, Klaudia's request for a birthday meal. A nice chat about when Klaudia was first born, and the colour of her poos, a conversation which Klaudia, retreating behind some headphones, rose above.

Anton also quickly showed me how the iPad linked up with his stereo speakers and the downloaded synthesiser. It sounded majestic, and rather loudish.

Home, and prompted by rave reviews from Betty, Lorraine has booked two tickets for the film Les Misérables tomorrow to take our minds off fasting day two.

Comments