Cautiously optimistic

This morning I applied to be blogger in residence for Brighton Pavilion and Museums. This is an excellent opportunity to get me more engaged in the community, as well as showing off my, um, mad writing skillz, so I'm definitely going for it. Working on something more factual and extraverted, is exactly what I have been talking to Lorraine about doing this year.

Down to the sea to take some photos, while listening to another Jeeves book I'd downloaded. It is so formulaic, with Bertie Wooster's inevitable concession at the end of a story to Jeeves of giving away an item of clothing that Jeeves has disapproved of, such as purple socks, or a scarlet waistcoat.  There is something reassuring about predictability, and the wordplay and dialogue is so unique, that you need fairly rigid structure I suppose.

Then to the Blue Dog gallery and collected some of Mum's pictures and masks that had been on display there. Nice man who runs it. We stood outside chatting while he finished his cigarette. I got the impression that business conditions were tough for him, with people being reluctant to fork out hard cash. Spoke to Mum, who has been having an unspeakable time with gas leaks, and having to dig up the floor in the house.

Lorraine working at home this afternoon.  I was feeling quite cheery, in fact happier than I have done in a while as I looking back at the week, having sorted lots of tiresome chores, paid all my taxes (boo), got the process of renting the Twitten underway, done some work for a new client and managed to do some of my own work too.  I am, thank God, feeling a bit healthier after twin onslaughts of flu and prostatitis. Beginning to feel cautiously optimistic.

Anton called around this evening, and we sloped up the hill to The Signalman for beer, before returning to the Shahi for a curry. Had to wait in their take away section for a while, as the table was not free. They've just had the place repainted, and the front door still is a bit sticky. Gorged on Bombay mix, which made us all too full to finish our meals, which we took away in a doggie bag. Despite this, the best night out I've had in what seems a long time.


Comments