Snow dalek

Up early and tweaking the work I was doing on Friday before sending this off. Lorraine working next to me before sliding off into the white yonder. We started our Fast day with porridge, which seemed perfectly reasonable. I ate an apple and a slice of Ryvita for lunch, and had a positive feast of haddock, rice and steamed carrots and courgette for supper. It was fine and I ate my supper slowly, and because I was genuinely hungry, found myself savouring the carrots.

A head full of half-formed ideas today, which lacked . Completed and sent off my 'flash fiction' story. It was one of my old stories, Flytrap, which I had completely rewritten, changed one of the characters, and put a new spin on. The mission which is slowly dawning on me, is that this year I have to complete everything that I have started and not finished over the last few years. There is a lot I have finished, but quite a lot to tie up too.

Item on local news about how the Royal Sussex County Hospital is closed to all but the worst accidents having been swamped with folks with broken limbs. Hilly Brighton is a death trap in the snow, and there is never enough gritting.

Below a stroll in the park this afternoon, yielded a surprising snow Dalek, a park scene particularly liking the snow on branches and roofs, L.S. Lowry like figures, after seeing the Dalek, the two golden figures in the rose garden began to look like escapees from one of those creepier old Dr Who episodes, the sort where shop window dummies come to life.







Comments