A dream of Maude Gonne

Appalling night's sleep. Woke up late but received an email from my old friend Michael Stone Richards  who is now a professor of critical theory and literature in the US. Saying he just saw a vision of Maude Gonne (the famous beauty WB Yeats had loved for years) and it had reminded him of me.  A characteristically enigmatic correspondence from MSR that made me smile and miss him.

Rushing about early with the idea of going to Tunbridge Wells to meet new clients, but events conspired against this. As the ominous crow flaps, it is only in the next county of Kent, but if you try to get there by public transport you are looking at a hefty two hours each way.

Sonia here this lunchtime. Explaining that this was the year of the snake and she and her partner were both monkeys, which in a strong Romanian accent was rather funny. Being a pig, I am not over fond of Chinese horoscopes. Sonia off to bask in Egypt for a holiday next week.

Sent off my application for the blogger in residence post. Went food shopping, and accepted an offer to travel up to London tomorrow to take a brief from my chums in Tavistock Square. Finished listening to the short The Examined Life.  A quick and thought provoking read.

Lorraine home late, and in need of alcohol, I gave her a bowl of hot chili and a glass of port. Seemed to do the trick.

Comments