A close shave

Back, albeit briefly, to the outside world. Off the barber to remedy the misshapen medieval tonsure I was beginning to evolve and have it tidied pleasantly. This and to the book shop where I bought Stanislavski's actor's handbook on a bit of a whim, figuring it will come in handy when writing parts for people. A great browsable book of small thought-provoking alphabetical chunks. Then home, and these excursions having worn me out. Listening to Decline and Fall, by Evelyn Waugh, which I find a bit Wodehousian, but darker and more brittle.

Lorraine working, from home mostly. We ate some nice pie together at lunchtime. I am not ready for work yet, finding concentration and application hard to come by. Still encountering surges of relief every time I think how I dodged hospital earlier this week: it had been touch and go.


Comments