Job's new year

A new year full of cheer I hope.

Frankly it can only improve.  My choice on the first day of the year, was between having a catheter rammed up the old chap by a random Locum doctor in the hospital, knee-deep in the human debris of a Brighton New Year. Or risk my bladder exploding and drowning Lorraine, Betty the cats and myself in a piss tsunami. I opted for the second route, and luckily I was able to squeeze out just enough wee to prevent this catastrophe.

Meanwhile the flu is still hanging on like grim death, and my lungs at night sound like the devil's accordion. My fantasies have become pathetic: longing to be able to sit in a cafe in Brighton and have a cup of tea is one.

Lorraine who is thankfully gradually improving from the flu, went off to see Dawn, lately returned from New Zealand, and now installed in her new flat, for brunch. I was bought a delicious breakfast muffin back. Betty, Lorraine and I then lay about watching past episodes of The Great British Bake off, which was escapist and fun. I want to eat more scones.

Below Blake's depiction of Job about to unleash a piss tsunami on his unsuspecting daughters.




Comments