A twitching

After a sluggish morning to Woods Mill this afternoon.

Walked about the wood and squelched across some nearby fields with Lorraine. Snowdrops emerging in the wood, which was nice. In the small wood, which is used as an educational resource locally, we sat in a bird hide and hunched forward to look at blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits, chaffinches, robins, tree creepers and robins about their avian business. I don't think I'd seen treecreepers, which are small brownish things with white fronts, which methodically creep up trees, starting from the bottom, in search of insects. The long tailed tits were I think also new to me. Lovely pinkish colouration. Eventually tore ourselves away from this curiously wonderful interlude.

Home to a spot of packing, and getting myself sorted out.

Writing this before seeing a documentary about another of my heroes... Brian Eno. Yippee.

Below the afternoon also gave Lorraine the opportunity to hug trees. A shot of winter trees, and hang gliders near Devil's Dyke.

Comments

Kate said…
LOVE the photo of the hang gliders. Also love the one of Lorraine hugging a tree. And I don't dislike the one inbetween either. Nice snappy business.