Probed

Off to the quack this morning to arrange to have a colon and bowel check up. Gyp of this sort runs in the family (like noses) so it is seems prudent to establish regular check ups. In the waiting room I bumped into Anna (Klaudia and Oskar's Godmother) and it was good to chat instead of reading the ghastly ailment posters.

What is worse than a DRE (digital rectal examination) I thought, staring shyly at the wall in the corner of the surgery, must be having to conduct them on a regular basis. I thought of those kids at school who wanted to be doctors, and then pictured them repeatedly having to stick their fingers into people's bottoms.

Soon I was in the magic cafe for coffee and a spot of poetry before getting on with the rest of my day. In the evening off to see Beth acting again for her A level drama exam. Three devised pieces. Beth excellent in her one. The last piece was really good drama with an "existential" theme, and I was particularly moved by a shy redhaired kid in specs who gave a mighty performance as a doubting priest.

Then off with Sam, Lorraine's folks, Lorraine, Beth and Mark and their posse to a nearby pub. Nice chat with Maureen and Pat, before I sloped home.

Comments