Guernsey underwing

Up and packing, fond farewells to Jane, a rumpling of terriers, then Richard was kind enough to drive me to the airport. A bit blurry headed with lack of sleep. Really sorry to be leaving Guernsey as usual, but very happy to have had such a good time with Richard and Jane. I am really lucky to know them.

The plane took off into the west and banked north to follow the west coast, and I could look down on Lihou and places I'd just been. Then the sea and islands disappeared beneath a blanket of white cloud. An uneventful flight (just how I like them) and after collecting strangeface from the carousel I was home at 12:30. Calliope pleased to see me, and the house in one piece and the fish alive thanks to Beth and Mark. Off shopping. Then a big wave of tiredness, having slept less than two hours the night before, and a snooze on the gold sofa with the cat purring on me. Mum called, she has a cold but is otherwise fine. She heard me on the radio and thinks Richard and I didn't make utter buffoons of ourselves.

Lorraine called by to collect Beth's case and chat. I missed Lorraine, and for some reason my phone wasn't working in Guernsey. Despite doing everything right, he house selling story drags on. Poor thing.

Pottering about and doing laundry after she left. Bed is calling with a siren voice. Or have Beth and Mark taught the cat to sing?

Below Rufus and Holly pictured waiting for Richard in the van. I suspect Rufus is a name that a dog could actually pronounce if it put its mind to it. Nice dogs.


Comments