Firewalk on the sofa

After a late start, got up to buy a present for Klaudia. Lorraine and I dropped a big pink box of Lego and a birthday card off and chatted with everyone briefly before they started their busy weekend. Those kids are excellent. Klaudia seeming to like her lego. More bits of small stuff for the vacuum cleaner to ingest.

A very chilled day. I made Lorraine watch Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. I enjoyed it even more the second time around. David Lynch is one of my heroes. Funnily enough this movie was panned on release but it is splendid and dark. I think Mark Kermode says it is his favourite Lynch film, and I can see why as it seems to sit bull's-eye on various Lynch tropes. Laura Palmer's descent into an abused darkness is horrible, and utterly brilliant. It was good to watch it in the afternoon sitting on my gold sofa, so not to be too scared afterwards.

Below David Lynch at random. On the iPone.What a guy.

Comments