A shower at last

Another soul sapping journey up to London. It was cold last night, and this did something to a rail which resulted in chaos for thousands of commuters south of London. Arrived at work a mere three hours and fifteen minutes after I set off. It really is astonishing how vile Southern Railways has been lately. I am looking forward to stopping the commute again soon.

Once at work however, I had a reasonable day. Betsy as usual making me laugh. She was teasing me about the state of the desk I am using, and she help up some A4 and, showing it to me, said 'this is more than one piece of paper' to teach me that paper can be tidied into a block. The agency staff went for a meeting towards the end of the day and I as a freebooting freelancer was able to melt away early, capering with delight all the way to the tube. And the low orange sun still in the sky as the train crossed the Thames.

Fish and chips from Sing Li, and a quick laser session with the cat (it's like cat crack) before Alf the philosophical plumber appeared, and installed my new shower. Every move Alf made was watched carefully by Calliope, which allowed me to work on a short piece of copy for Jeanne, my nice French client. A quick chat with Lorraine before shower and bed.

Feeling all work and no play-ish. Reading The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying on the train for a while. It makes you think so much, however, that you can only read a few pages at a go.

Comments